Tuesday, January 5, 2010


A busy day for me! Happy birthday to my wonderful husband! My boys helped me bake the coolest cake! A rainbow cake! Check out the photos below! Sorry I don't have a better one of the inside of the cake, but you'll get the idea. For dinner I used my new rice cooker (yeah Christmas!) and made rice to go with my sweet and sour meatballs and a salad. We had lots of family over for dinner, so that was awesome!

The Best Board Game!
Have you discovered The Settlers of CATAN? It is a super-fun board game! We played this just after Christmas and I can't get enough! We don't have our own board yet... but we will soon! We almost discovered this game with my brother right before Christmas but we didn't get a chance to play it! By the way, it's his birthday too... happy birthday!

And to finish off the night I read "London Bridge" to my boys. It is an old book that I read as a kid. Actually I followed along in my storybook, and when I heard the chime, I'd turn the page... yes, it is an old book with a record that I used to love listening to on my own personal record player!

This is what the dough stage looked like. Simply mix up a batch of white cake. Separate the batter. Add liberal amounts of food colour and plop by the spoonful into the greased and floured pan. Bake as normal.
This is how it looked when it came out of the oven.

Now it is iced. I used a can of frosting.
Here I am dishing out some rainbow cake!

Mmmm! The cake was delicious! And rainbow! How great is that!!







2 comments:

  1. The rainbow cake is a great idea! Another thing you can do is take a white or yellow cake mix and add colored sprinkles--the longish kind, not non-pareils. I discovered that when I bought a speckled cake mix on clearance and it was easy to see it was just those candy sprinkles.

    We love Settlers! We have all but the latest expansions (Traders & Barbarians, I think it's called). Dh and I like to play, just the two of us. It's nice to have extra space on the board to build on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try the sprinkles, thanks!

    We borrowed my brother-in-law's Catan, only for a couple days, and I'll hate to give it back!

    Thanks for commenting ameliabedelia. Hope you have a whimsically wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.