Some of the words that come up in the thesaurus for WHIMSICAL: fanciful, playful, mischievous,quaint, quizzical, curious, droll; eccentric, quirky, idiosyncratic,unconventional, outlandish
I think that at some point every one of these words can define me... but perhaps even better is this:
Some of the words that come up in the thesaurus for HAPPY: cheerful, cheery, merry, joyful, jovial,jolly, gleeful, carefree, untroubled, delighted, smiling,beaming, grinning, in good spirits, in a good mood, lighthearted,pleased, contented, content, satisfied, gratified, buoyant, radiant,sunny, blithe, joyous, beatific; thrilled, elated, exhilarated, ecstatic,blissful, euphoric, overjoyed, exultant, rapturous, in,on cloud nine, walking on air, jumping for joy, jubilant; over the moon, on top of the world, tickled pink,
There. That's me.
But that's not the end...
I have decided that this year I should make some Resolutions... a novel concept, I know! And what better way is there than publishing my resolutions to help me stick to my goals?
NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS 2010
1. Reading: I want to read to my children every day... or at least 5 times a week!
I will also make a list of books for my own personal reading, and I would like to tackle one each month.
2. Scrapbooking: I will scrapbook 8 layouts per month! That is 2 per week. Basically I just want to scrapbook on a regular basis.
3. Financial: I will get caught up on all of our office work! (Fortunately the bookkeeper will help with this one!)
4. Homeschool: I will help the boys do their schoolwork on a regular basis... dare I say : SCHEDULE!!
5. Fitness: I will continue to swim every other day.
6. House: I will be persistent in getting our house finished this year! Lighting, backsplash and guest rooms here we come!
7. Organization: I want to get rid of clutter in my life! To help with this I will accept the 365 Days of De-Cluttering Challenge!
8. Relationship: I will make dates... with husband and with friends! Once a week with my husband and once a month with my girlfriends.
9. Cooking: I will attempt to become a better cook! Learn to do by doing... so I will try my hand at cooking or baking once a week!
10. I will find ways to show the important people in my life how precious they are... even ME!
Well, that should give me a lot to work on, but I have the satisfaction that whatever I do will be a benefit to myself and to my family! Never stop trying!