Saturday, January 9, 2010

Moose, Omelette and More Settlers!

My husband found three moose in our yard when he went to leave for work today. It was a cow and two calves. They were behind our house just after dark tonight, so we may be seeing more of them!




I was a bit disappointed this morning to have my brother-in-law show up to claim back his Settlers of Catan game. Not that I wasn't expecting it, but I'm sad to see it go! I'm thrilled that he let us borrow it though!!

I did get motivated today and I SWAM!! Finally back in the pool and it felt great! I love the feel of the water as I slice through it. Finishing my half hour was easy today. I followed up with a few free weights to further develop my swimming muscles in my arms. Added bonus: the more muscle I have, the more fat I can burn!

I also started keeping a food journal again. I have found this to be extremely rewarding for me in the past, so I am happily recording all the things I eat and calculating calories, carbs, protein and fats. I made the most delicious omelette today:
I fried the mushrooms with a Tbsp. of olive oil and some pepper. Then removed them from the pan. Added 1 whole egg, and 3 egg whites, 60g of ham, 30g cheddar cheese, mushrooms. Cooked on low heat. Served with a slice of whole wheat toast and a glass of unsweetened apple juice.
Omelette: 417 calories, 30g fat, 6g carb, 34g protein. With toast and juice: 665 calories, 32g fat, 60g carb, 38g protein.
Breakdown % calories from fat:carb:protein = 43:35:22 . The ratio I want my meals to be in is 20-30% fat, 40-50% carb, 25-35% protein.
Analysis: This omelette needs to be lower in fat! The best options to reduce fat are to use lower fat cheese... not an option for me (yuck!) or less cheese. Also I probably could have used less olive oil when preparing the mushrooms. In one tablespoon of olive oil there are 14g of fat! If that doesn't make you think twice about salad dressing I don't know what does!

Tonight we were back at my mom and dads. Both of my brothers were there and guess what?! One of them brought his Settlers game! Yeah! So we had a fun night playing my favourite board game of the moment! We even got to try the fishing add-on... extra fun! I ordered my game from Chapters online and it should be arriving on the 20th... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.