Sunday, January 3, 2010

Today was going to be a great day. I was going to feel better. Although I spent ALL of New Year's Day in bed with a flu I knew that the next day would be so much better. Or so I hoped. It turns out that I spent all of today in bed also. Not the way to start a new year. I did manage to read to my children. Tonight was the first of the Magic Tree House series.

As for the rest of my resolutions I am off to a poor start. Today should have been a swimming day... well... that didn't happen. Also I didn't get anything organized or de-cluttered. And no scrapbooking. On the brighter side of things, tomorrow is a brand new day! I can catch up on the things that I have fallen behind on, and continue on. That is how to deal with a little blip in the road, right?

So, here's to tomorrow!

Now a couple of reflections:

I am thrilled that my husband and I were able to help my cousin's daughter purchase her plane ticket to come visit us this summer! We collect a lot of travel reward points and she will be coming over to spend the month of July with us! Yay! It will be interesting to have a 15 year old girl in the house! One of the things I treasure most in life is spending time with family, so I'm thrilled that she wanted to come stay with us. I'm already planning tons of activities!

I have also been reading a lot about the Compact. If you are unfamiliar with this, it is a "buy nothing new" movement that seems to be quite popular with many bloggers right now. I first read about this in a magazine article at the hair salon, and I was fascinated with the idea of not spending! Such a foreign concept! It is definitely making me re-evaluate the purchases I make!

I am also inspired by the frugal people I am finding online! There are a lot of bloggers that are living well while spending less. An excellent reality check of our needs and wants. And a great demonstration that brand new is not always the best. A hard lesson for me!

Till next time,
Keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.