Thursday, February 4, 2010

Going to INDIA!!

Yes, it is true... in 5 more sleeps I will be hopping on a plane and going to India!  I can barely wait to see what adventures await me there!

I have been spending unbelievable amounts of time in our office, trying to get everything ready for my absence... so I'm doing really well on that New Year's Resolution :)

I have been baking, and cooking and doing a lot in my lovely... backsplashed, kitchen!  On Saturday I baked buns, Sunday I made a turkey dinner for my son's 11th birthday, and tonight I made a delicious cheese steak roll.  Super easy, and super yummy!  I'll try to remember to add a photo of the leftovers... not that there was very much left over!

Cheese Steak Roll

Grab a roll of Pillsbury pizza crust.
Spread it over a large, greased baking sheet.
Layer on sandwich sliced roast beef from the deli.
Add some fried mushrooms.  (I fry my mushrooms with a little olive oil and dried onion flakes.)
Sprinkle on grated cheddar cheese.
Roll length wise in the pan, so you have a long roll.  Pinch the dough closed.
Bake in oven for about 20 min. at 400°F, until golden brown.
Cut into slices and serve.

*note:  This is not a diet meal due to the quantity of cheese!

Reading... I have started reading The Life of Pi.  It is interesting that I came upon this book by chance and it involves the area of India that I will be visiting next week!  I didn't read a "classic" in January, but I did listen to a book on tape  (technically CD)  Kathy Reichs 206 Bones.  It was great.  I listened to this partly on a long road trip, and it was a great companion for the trip!  I'd recommend listening to a book like this if you haven't before!  The last time I did this was when I was painting my son's bedroom in our old house... handy way to read a book and have your hands full at the same time!  I borrowed this one from the library, so it was inexpensive too!

Speaking of being frugal...
We had two parties for my son's birthday.  One with friends and a dinner with family.  At the kid party, my friend suggested keeping the candles, and I told her that I don't do that.  With a bit of convincing I did.  Well, I'm proud to say that I used them the following weekend again, and they were just fine.  So thanks for the nudge in the frugal direction!

Have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.