Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Reading: Such A Pretty Fat

Jen Lancaster does it again!  In her book Such A Pretty Fat - One Narcissist's Quest to Discovery If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big, or Why Pie is Not the Answer I found myself laughing freely at so many of Jen's descriptions of her inner story.


"If you're anorexic, you're doing it wrong." 

I swat him with a dish towel. "No, no, I mean anorexics look in the mirror, and even if they're eighty pounds, they still see a fat girl. I'm a hundred pounds heavier than I was in high school, my veins are full of creme fraiche, and yet I look in the mirror, take in the hair and makeup, and think, Damn, baby, you fiiine."

These thoughts may have crossed through my own mind a few times, so I felt that I could definitely identify with her state of mind!  I love this story about Jen's struggles with weight loss.  She certainly doesn't sugar coat the journey, and she isn't scared to share the bad stuff too! 


Happy reading and have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.