Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Reading: Mrs. Perfect

Surprise!  I read something that is not by Jen Lancaster!  Well, that's because there are no more Jen Lancaster books that I haven't read... yet!

Mrs. Perfect by Jane Porter is the story of Taylor Young, a stay at home mother who has it all.  Looks, dream home on the beach, expensive car, gorgeous husband, three beautiful daughters and a perfect life.  Then her perfect life is turned upside down by an enormous secret.  Everything falls apart in her life and she finds herself searching for a way to survive and make a new life with the pieces left behind.

This story was an easy read, I took it to the park and read it while I was "watching" my kids play.  I was easily captured by the story and found myself relating to Taylor is many different ways: her struggle for perfection, her desire to be the best and most committed volunteer, her need to be in control and her love for the finer things in life.  I really appreciated her strength when faced with one of the biggest battles of her life, her ability to step up when it was needed, her ability to adapt.  If you like chick lit and have some quiet time to read on a beach Mrs. Perfect will entertain you and leave you feeling satisfied.

Happy reading and have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.