Thursday, October 28, 2010

Reading: One Hundred Years of Solitude

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez was an Oprah book club choice. Normally I would consider that a good indicator of something great to come! Not this time!  This book was SO boring!  I literally fell asleep about 20 times reading this book. It was frustrating because I kept looking for something that would make this book so popular.  There must be something special in there somewhere, right?  Well... I was the only one in my book club that could even finish the book!  Even though I finished reading it, I did not find a redeeming epiphany, some reason that this book would be considered special... so I would NOT recommend this book!

Unless you need a nap!

Have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.



1 comment:

  1. I read this book a few years ago also and same thing for me!! I forced myself to finish it with major effort and now I wish I could get those hours of my life back!! What was Oprah thinking??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.