Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse on the Winter Solstice

Tonight there was a total eclipse of the moon.  This was amazing timing as it follows so closely after the unit we studied about the planets, the sun and the moon.  The eclipse was particularly special tonight at it coincided with the shortest day of the year.  In my excitement I decided I should take my camera outside and attempt to get some photos of the eclipse.  The boys were more than happy to observe through the window! 


I used a tripod and a remote control to try and reduce camera shake.  I'm not that thrilled with the outcome, I would have loved a nice clear red photo, but I found that with a long exposure the sky was moving too fast!  Here are a few of my best photos of the evening.  I guess they are not too bad, especially considering I was outside trying to take the photos in the dark at -20°C!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.