Sunday, January 30, 2011

30 for 30 Challenge

It is time for a new challenge!  In January I challenged myself to blog everyday and I've been completely successful with that, so it is time to take on something new.  (Don't worry I'll continue blogging... possibly not every day, but I won't just disappear!)  


The other day I mentioned Kendi Everyday and her posts about Creating a Working Closet.  (Click here for my post.)  She has created a challenge called 30 for 30.  This is what I will do for February... and a couple of extra days... since February is a short month!


The challenge is to use only 30 pieces from your wardrobe for 30 days.  To mix and match them in new ways so that you wear a different outfit each day.  And... to not purchase any new items for those 30 days!


Shoes are included... however, underwear and outerwear items that are not part of your outfit are not.  So winter boots... practically my only footwear of the season, don't count.  Ditto winter coat.


Jewelry and accessories also don't count.  They will help to make the 30 items fresh and new over the 30 days.


What is the point?  To learn how to use the items that you already own, to think creatively, and to learn what your wardrobe really needs, vs. what you buy just because you like shopping.  The challenge will help you to look at clothes purchases in a new way.  Is this versatile?  Can I remix it?  


I can't wait to get started!  I'll post photos of my 30 items in a couple of days.



1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your 30 for 30 outfits! I'm too much of a shopping addict to do the challenge (and I'd feel too sad not using my whole closet), but I LOVE participating vicariously through other people. hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.