Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cherry Cheesecake



I used to make this dessert for Jonas a long time ago.  He loves cheesecake... I don't!  However, in an effort to try new things (as per my resolution #7) I find myself in a new position... reconsidering my former dislike of cheesecake!  This was actually really good, so now I guess I know why he likes it! (Jonas says that he can't wait until I try oysters... )


This is a no-bake cheesecake, so it is actually very simple... especially if you cheat like me!  I made it for Jonas' birthday and I used a store bought graham crust.  I usually do make my own crust because it is so easy, but I already had this one!


Ingredients:


CRUST:  (just so you can!)
1/2 cup margarine (or butter)
1-1/2 cups graham crumbs


FILLING:
8oz. softened cream cheese (I use a spreadable container)
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice (I use Realemon)


1 envelope of topping (pkg. of Dream Whip)
1/2 cup milk


19oz. Cherry Pie Filling


Directions:
CRUST: Melt margarine and mix with graham crumbs.  Press into pie plate, or square pan.  Bake in oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.  Cool.


FILLING: Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon together very well to dissolve the sugar.


Whip the topping with milk according to pkg. directions.  Fold into the cheese mixture and spread over the cooled crust.  Chill.


Spread cherry pie filling over the top.  Chill.


Note: This recipe was originally from Company's Coming Desserts book.  I make the recipe mostly as directed, but I usually neglect the chilling before putting on the topping.  You can also use Blueberry Pie filling instead of cherry!





The cake is stiff enough to hold small candles, but is a very soft dessert when served.  It my be more stiff if you use a block of cream cheese, I'll try that next time and let you know!  Happy baking! 


Printable Recipe


Have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.





1 comment:

  1. Very nice Alice! No bake cheesecakes are the best! I was actually thinking of making one myself, and now that I see yours, I will go and buy some ingredients tomorrow to make one! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.