Monday, January 17, 2011

Fashion Inspiration

This year one of my New Year's Resolutions is to develop my own sense of style.  I have found so many awesome blogs for fashion inspiration.  I especially love the ones where they post lots of photos of their outfits!  I'd like to share a few of the ones that inspire me... perhaps you will see their influence in my wardrobe this year!


A Beautiful Mess - Elsie has a truly inspiring style - lots of retro and vintage finds.  I love that she wears lots of cute dresses and interesting head attire!  (she wears hats, clips, bands and wraps that are awesome!)


The Clothes Horse - Rebecca shows lots of great outfits and has the cutest photo sessions!  She also shares lots of great fashion finds or things she thinks are cute!


The Dainty Squid - Kaylah has her own unique style and I love that she truly embraces the things that she loves.  She has an amazing ability to put bold colours together and make it look amazing!  (but be prepared... she loves her cats!)


What I Wore - Jessica posts photos of her outfits almost every day! Her style is a little less wild, a bit more classic, but still with lots of flair!


I love that all of these women experiment and try new things with their wardrobe.  They are not afraid to bend, or break the fashion "rules".  They have their own style and they make it look great!  Do I plan to wear what they do?  No.  I want to incorporate their sense of 'fashion freedom' to inspire my own wardrobe.  I want to make fashion work for me.  I want it to be a chance to play and try new things, and mix and match and see what works.


Do you have a style icon?  Do you make conscious decisions on what you will wear each day?  Do your clothes make you FEEL happy?  If not, why not join me on my quest to define my own style!


Have a wonderfully whimsical day!
Alice.


P.S.  If you know of a "fashion" blog that I might like, please leave me a comment!



1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.