Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions 2011

Welcome to the New Year, 2011!  I am really looking forward to the adventures, creations and laughs that this year will bring.  

If you'd like to look back at my New Year's Resolutions 2010 they are here.  I will discuss them in more detail tomorrow, so check back then!

So here they are my New and Improved Resolutions for 2011!

1.  I resolve to spend time with my husband and boys this year.  Playing, reading, smiling, laughing, learning, living and adventuring.  I want this year to be a year to remember, for all of the great experiences we will have!  I want quantity time and quality time.  I want my New Years Resolution for 2012 to read... I resolve to make this year just like last year!

2.  I resolve to give up on schedules!  It just isn't me and it is time to embrace that!  Does this mean I won't plan, or schedule anything?  NO!  It just means that I want to accept that living by a schedule is not the core my being... I am just not easily confined to routine... and I'm FINALLY okay with that!

3.  I resolve to keep creating!  I love spending time in my amazing scrapbook room!  It makes me happy, so I want to do it more!  I love that I can play with my "artistic side" and create records of my memories to share with family and friends.  I also love that I can share this through the classes that I teach!  

4.  I resolve to keep at this cooking/baking thing.  I'm not really loving it yet, but I'm learning and can make yummy things, so that's good!

5.  I resolve to make time for the things that I love: my family, my friends, scrapbooking, swimming, travelling, reading, choir and whatever new interests come my way this year!

6.  I resolve to develop my own sense of style.  I've been looking back at some old photos and I'd say that I've never exactly followed the trends!  My wardrobe now is quite joyless, so I'd like to bring some of that whimsy back!  Can whimsical be classic?  We'll see!!

7.  I resolve to try new things!  Things that make me uncomfortable or squeamish.  I've never tried sushi, (I don't like fish, somehow RAW fish doesn't sound better!!) or ran a 10k, or ... I don't know I'll have to see what I can come up with!!

Here's to a wonderful, whimsical 2011!  All the best to you and your loved ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.