Monday, February 21, 2011

Breaking My Resolution!

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to give up on organization and routines.  I had decided that it just wasn't me, so I had to stop being frustrated by not being organized and sticking to a routine.  I was just going to be okay with that.


Funny how life works sometimes!


I was recently introduced to a website called FlyLady.net.  This website has helped me implement some big changes around here... and it involves organization and routines!  


One of the things the website advocates is taking Baby Steps... but I just dove right in and I'm loving it! Today I tackled one of my 'Hot Spots'.  A Hot Spot is a place where you pile things up, a spot that regularly gets out of hand.  I have several Hot Spots, and one of the big ones is in my bedroom.


Here's what it looked like today:
YIKES!

I really hate laundry!  Washing is fine, drying is fine... it's the folding and putting away that drives me crazy!  I'm trying to stick to this rule... 'Don't put another load in until the last one is folded and put away'.  It doesn't work perfectly, but it seems to be helping, at least there were only 2 loads of laundry piled up today!


I'm happy to report that, for today at least, I've dealt with my bedroom Hot Spot.  I'll have to see what else I can tackle tomorrow!
MUCH BETTER!


Have a whimsically wonderful... clean and organized, day!
Alice.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alice! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! It's good to know I'm not alone in my quest and struggle w/organization:). Thanks for letting me know how you found out about me too. I'm new at all this. I'll be back again to scour your menus. Dinner time is always a struggle for me too:).

    Hope you'll stop back again my way.
    Take care,
    Kim www.plumberrypie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.