Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Loving Yourself

I was inspired by a blog post recently over at Stuff Jewish Girls Like.   Jewish Girl wrote a post called "Meditations on the last five pounds".   Please read her post!


*She wrote about loving ourselves the way we are right now.

*She wrote about holding back acceptance from ourselves.

*She wrote about how people use the excuse of "the last five pounds" as excuses as to why they don't have the life they want, don't do the things that would bring them happiness, or live the life they they would like to live.   


I loved her observations and meditations!  


I love myself, the way I am RIGHT NOW.  Are there things I would change about myself?  Certainly.  But, I know that I am wonderful the way I am.  I don't need to change to accept myself.  I try to live my best life right now, I have nothing to wait for.  I only wish I had always felt this way.  I love me for me.


I read a great book by Stacey Ballis called "Good Enough to Eat".  I posted about it yesterday (here).  I loved the way the main character in the book truly learned to love herself, to accept herself, and to appreciate herself.  


This is the lesson I wish for all of my friends, my family, and every young girl that looks in the mirror and feels dissatisfied.  Learn to love yourself, accept yourself, and appreciate yourself.  Don't forfeit your future and opportunities waiting to lose the last five pounds (whether they are metaphorical or physical)... live today!






Have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.