Friday, February 25, 2011

No Time Like the Present

I'm noticing trends in my life.  I'm hungry for organization.  I'm tackling projects that require a lot of effort.  During this process I have noticed several mantras that "help" me along the way. 


"No time like the present" is my current motto.  It motivates me to dive into projects that I might be somewhat intimidated to start.  Either because of the size of the project or the unsavoury nature of it, I find myself needing that extra boost to get me started... and "no time like the present" is my solution.  Carpe diem, seize the day, no time like the present... they are all a version of what Nike summed up nicely with "Just Do It!"


In tackling these seemingly unsurmountable goals I keep hearing, "baby steps".  I HATE this saying!  I don't want to make a small dent in the problem.  I want to dive in, head first, fearless.  I want to get started, not with "baby steps", but fully and completely.  When I have the passion and energy to start a project why would I hold back and only commit to a small step?  I want to take a giant leap and see where that can get me!


I don't just apply "no time like the present" to my current project on the go.  I try to apply this to my daily life.  If an opportunity presents itself I want to be able to take full advantage of it... I want to "seize the day!" We don't know where our life will lead us, or what path we may find ourselves on.  I hope I won't look back at my life and say, "I wish I had..."


No Regrets.


We all do the best we can with what we have... and if we don't... why not?


Have yourself a whimsically wonderful day!  I will.
Alice.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.