Monday, February 7, 2011

Reading: Good Enough To Eat

I can't believe I haven't blogged about this book!!  I was introduced to Stacey Ballis via Jen Lancaster, author of the fantastic "Bitter is the New Black", and various other amazingly hilarious books.  


Jen and Stacey are best friends, so naturally Jen mentioned Stacey's book.  (That's what best friends do!)  I thought, "There must be something great about it, because Jen is fantastic, so naturally her best friend will be awesome too."  Logical thinking, right?  So I pre-ordered her book, which took FOREVER to come... I might be over-dramatizing the situation, but I certainly didn't have the book in my hand until weeks after the release date... and I pre-ordered, so what's up with that?


"Good Enough To Eat" by Stacey Ballis, is the story of a formerly obese woman, who, after losing LOTS of weight is left by her husband, for another obese woman.  And yet... it's about SO much more.  A journey of self-discovery, friendships, new romance, willingness to move on to a new and better future.  All of this is told in a beautiful story that is interspersed with lovely recipes... healthy and original versions.  


Through her main character Stacey shares her passion for food and tells a story that will stay with you and make you feel better for having read it.  I highly recommend this book.  I'm going to be reading mine again!


Happy reading and have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.