Friday, March 4, 2011

In Pursuit of Happiness

This weekend I plan to spend time doing things that I love.  Since this will be such a happy time for me I thought I would share some wonderful quotes about happiness.  My favourite part about these particular quotes is that they all depend on you.  Enjoy!


If you want to be happy, be.  ~Leo Tolstoy


Happiness is never stopping to think if you are.  ~Palmer Sondreal


Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad.  ~Norm Papernick


What a wonderful life I've had!  I only wish I'd realized it sooner.  ~Colette


The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.  ~James Openheim


There are two things to aim at in life:  first, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it.  Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second.  ~Logan Pearsall Smith, Afterthoughts, 1931


Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.  ~Abraham Lincoln


Ask yourself whether you are happy and you cease to be so.  ~John Stuart Mill,Autobiography, 1873


If you are not happy here and now, you never will be.  ~Taisen Deshimaru


Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.  ~Joseph Addison


On the whole, the happiest people seem to be those who have no particular cause for being happy except that they are so.  ~William R. Inge


All quotes from: http://www.quotegarden.com/happiness.html


I hope you have a happy, wonderful day!
Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.