Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Living Life: Right Now!

I was recently inspired by a blog I read about living your life in the present.  Generation Cedar wrote: Are You Wasting or Living Life.



"Do you ever feel like you’re just busy waiting for the next phase, the next season, the next step?
Once we arrive *here*”…life will be easier, slower, better.
We are here. Now."  (quoted from Generation Cedar)


The author is talking about truly living in the present.  This has been the conviction I have been living by my whole life.  I make time to do the things that are important to me.  I don't put things off until I'm thinner, richer or have more time.  I try to encourage others to live in the present also.


A friend of mine was always wearing unflattering, too-tight clothing.  She only had one pair of pants.  (How this is even possible could be a whole separate blog topic!)  This was not some kind of moral or economical choice.  She wouldn't shop for clothes because she was unhappy with the weight she had gained the previous few years.  She said she would shop for new clothes when she was smaller.  I asked her if she was living her life right now.  I asked if she needs clothing to wear right now.  I also asked her if she was valuable enough to have clothing that fits her right now.  My friend was so caught up in the weight issue that she was forgetting that she is living her life Right Now!


I've heard the same story told in many variations.  People wait to do the things they love until retirement.  What if retirement doesn't come?  What if when retirement comes you don't have the good health to do the things you have only wished about?


Are you living the life you want to live?  If not, why not?  Can you change something to make your dreams part of your everyday reality?  I am not recommending spending money that you don't have! There are many resources available to help you trim your finances, or help you redirect your money into the activities that you love.


I'd like to share a few ways that I live my life, enjoying the present. Some of these are the big things, some are simple, everyday things that make me smile.  All of them help me to live a happier life!


I eat soup for breakfast almost every day because I love it!


I have gone bungee jumping and skydiving, just because I wanted to.


We started homeschooling our two boys.


I travelled to India... as spontaneously as that could be arranged!


We sold our house, moved into a travel trailer for 17-1/2 months while we built our new home.


We took an impromptu trip to Europe after the tragic death of a pet.


My husband bought, built, and flies his own airplane which he LOVES to do.


I have a scrapbook workshop so I can share my passion and excitement with others.


I started singing with the choir because it scared me to death and I'd always wanted to do it.


We travel with our children.


I will sit in bed for a whole day to read a good book once in awhile.





I wear dresses as much as possible.  Especially twirly ones.


I have many multi-coloured purses, but no black purses... Life is Too Short for a Black Purse!


My number one way to choose home decor is: How much do I love it?


I get excited about new interests and I don't feel too bad if they are only short-lived.  I don't have to like something forever!  (It's not a tattoo!)


I haul my kids to sports events and stay to watch them even if I don't have to... because it brings me joy.




I swim because I love to... not for exercise.


I try to spend time with friends as often as I can.  I will never be unhappy about laugh lines I earn laughing with my friends.


I am constantly trying to do better, be better and live better.  I will live in THIS moment and plan for the next!


I hope this blog will inspire you to go and and do something you love... TODAY!


Have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.