Monday, July 18, 2011

Reading: Maine

I just read Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan.  I ordered this book from the library on the advice of Jen Lancaster, one of my favourite authors.  (Here is the link to her recommendation.)  


Maine tells the story of three-generations of women.  The family lives at the beach every summer and they have developed complicated and complex relationships.  Secrets will be revealed, and new ones will be formed.  The family dynamic includes frustration, anger and guilt, and yet there is also love.  


The author writes beautifully and it kept my pages turning long after lights out.  After reading this book I long for a summer home on the ocean.   I definitely agree with Jen Lancaster that this is a great summer read!


If you would like to purchase your own copy there is an Amazon link below.


Happy reading and have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.



1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading it. Some of my best summers growing up were when we spent 2 weeks on Cape Cod. I adore the ocean and cannot wait to retire to it one day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.