Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Green Album

I love the Muppets.  Present tense.  I loved them as a child and I still love them as an adult.  My best-ever lunch box had a picture of all of the Muppets on it.


The Muppets were always more than just puppets that sing and make jokes.  I was exposed to new and interesting kinds of music, from Elton John to Alice Cooper.  I sang along with The Muppets music.  I hoped that Kermit would somehow be able to avoid the advances of Miss Piggy, although a part of me really respected her for never giving up.  I learned that sarcasm is hilarious, thank you Statler and Waldorf.   I longed for some of Miss Piggy's fantastic wardrobe, so glamorous!  I found that even though the Swedish Chef didn't speak English I could understand what he was saying.  I smiled and laughed, and my mom laughed alongside me.  That was another great thing about The Muppets, it wasn't just fun for kids.


Today I discovered that a new music album, called The Green Album is soon to be released.  This album brings some of today's great new music stars, like Weezer and Hayley Williams of Paramore, and combines them with The Muppets' famous music.  Listening to Amy Lee, lead singer of Evanescence, sing "Halfway Down the Stairs", Alkaline Trio's "Movin' Right Along" and Weezer and Hayley Williams' rendition of "Rainbow Connection" made me smile.  The Muppets have done it again.


Sales start next week,  I've pre-ordered mine already! You can place your order from Amazon at the link below. Mahna Mahna!


Have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.