Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Super-Star Boys Scrapbook

Scrapbook Sundays are the day I post a project featuring new ideas and some of my favourite Close to My Heart products.  I hope that after reading my post you will be inspired to try something new the next time you scrapbook your memories.






This week my project features the Typeset paper from Close to My Heart.  I am also using the Typeset Complements Canvas Shapes and the Blue Ribbon stamp set, along with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.


I was inspired by my friend Ann to make a mini-book in the style of a K&Company Smash Book.  Ann knew that I had received The Cinch machine for Mother's Day.  She was very curious about the wonderful projects I was making using my lovely new machine.  I was embarrassed to tell her that I had barely even taken it out of the package!


Ann posted a great video of a Smash book she made using the Close to My Heart - Sophia scrapbooking kit.  HERE is a link to her post and video.


The book I made is called "My Super Star Boys".  I wanted a book where I can collect my favourite photos and memories of my boys all in one place!
The cover.
The first page with the dedication.
A close up of the dedication.
 You can see I have used different sized pages.
 The different sizes provide visual and textural interest.
 There are whole pages that will work well for journalling.
 I will have a photo peeking through this star-shaped cut out.
 Some of the small pages are great for journalling.
As I add photos and stories to the book I will add additional embellishments
I created a pocket for inside the back cover, to tuck pieces until they can be added.

I can't wait to gather up some of my favourite photos to add to this book!  Now that I have FINALLY started using my Cinch, I have so many ideas of projects to make... I can't believe I waited so long to get started!

I hope you will be inspired to get scrappin'!  Have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.


1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Alice! Cool book :-) I knew once you got started with your Cinch you would be off on the inspiration road!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.