Sunday, November 27, 2011

November Class: Merry Christmas

Scrapbook Sundays are the day I post a project featuring new ideas and some of my favourite Close To My Heart products.  I hope that after reading my post you will be inspired to try something new the next time you scrapbook your memories.




In my November classes we made a page using the Believe paper from Close to my Heart.  Believe is a very colourful, Christmas themed kit.  In this class however, I created a mono-chromatic page using only red and white.


Click to enlarge.
To create this layout:

Red Background Paper:  I added 3 pea-sized drops of Create-a-shade Pearl Paint, 12 drops of White Daisy pigment re-inker and some water to a spray pen.  I laid a mask shape (cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge) over the center of the red paper.  I then sprayed liberally around the edges of the mask.  When the ink was dry, I outlined the shape using Stardust glitter gel.  I think the spray adds a look similar to a snowy window!

White Numbers Paper:  Run a 5x7 sheet of paper through the Cuttlebug using the ProvoCraft embossing folder.  Rub the Holiday Red ink pad directly over the embossed shapes.

White Ornament:  This will be my journalling area.  The shape was cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and I inked the edges with Holiday Red ink, and applied Stardust glitter gel.

White Title Strip:  The strip was created using a Martha Stewart border punch.  'Merry Christmas' was stamped with Holiday Red ink using the Holiday Commentary stamp set from CTMH.  The sparkle buttons are also from CTMH.

I hope you will be inspired to get scrappin'!  If you would like to purchase the materials for this project you can click the "Shop With Me" badge on the right side of this page, or with this link.

Have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.