Saturday, May 5, 2012

Skiing!

Finally!  I can finally say that we have taken our boys skiing!  I have been wanting to do this all winter!  I have been listening to so many people telling me how awesome the skiing has been this winter, and I was harbouring a lot of guilt... we have NEVER taken our boys skiing before!  This might not seem like a big deal, but we live a mere 2-1/2 hour drive from Jasper, home of some of the best skiing in the world!


My husband and I were considering what we would like to do to celebrate our upcoming 15th anniversary.  He knew that I would want to do something special.  We tossed around the idea of a party, but suddenly inspiration hit!  Skiing!


So the morning of April 17th (our 15th wedding anniversary) we loaded up the boys and set out for Jasper.  It was surprising to see how little snow there was at the base of the mountain, we have more in our backyard.  As we climbed the twisty road up the mountain the ditches became more and more white, and soon it really looked like skiing was a possibility.


At the chalet we purchased our lift tickets and rented our ski equipment... $500... OUCH!  (Maybe this has something to do with why we don't go skiing all of the time!)  Then we went to the parking lot.  We helped the boys into their skis and soon we were ready to start.  It was time to teach the boys to ski!


The snow was excellent, and the skiing was totally wonderful! I was amazed at how quickly the boys caught on to skiing.  Joe was cautious and Ryan was a "point the skis down the hill" daredevil.  Nothing unusual about that!  :) 
Jonas and Joe on the lift.
Ryan and me on the lift.
Joe and me on the hill.
Ryan shows his moves.
Joe picks up speed on the hill.
My action self-photography... I LOVE taking my own photo!
The ski family!
It's not a trip to Jasper without seeing some wildlife!  (Elk)
After an awesome day of skiing we headed home tired and happy!


Have a wonderfully whimsical day!
Alice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.