Sunday, October 28, 2012

Successful Bread and Buns!

Finally!

I have Finally made Successful Bread and Buns!

Here's my proof!

Oooh!  Amazing right?!

Not that impressed? You should be.  I have struggled with bread-making almost to the point of giving up forever. That may sound drastic but after making buns as hard as hockey pucks and bread that was so heavy and dense I was imagining where I could accent my yard with a rock shaped like a loaf of bread, I thought it was time to admit defeat.

Fortunately my stubborn side is strong... either that or I'm an unusually slow learner.

I was motivated to try my hand at making buns again the other day as I was on the phone with my friend.  (She happens to be amazing at everything... cooking, baking, decorating cakes, building fences, shooting a bear... yes, everything.) So I explained my "little problem" with baking.  She agreed to walk me through the steps over the phone... teleconference baking. 

Being a brilliant friend she had previously equipped me with the perfect recipe book for making buns.  So we both turned our books to page 88 and began to walk through the recipe.

This will best be pictured through a snippet of our conversation.

     Me: I've had the yeast in the warm water for almost 10 minutes now and it doesn't look very foamy.  I know it is good yeast, it is brand new.
     Baking Genius: Did you put the sugar in the water too?
     Me: (pause) uh... no.  I guess that would help huh?

I'm so pleased to say that with a lot of tele-guidance I was able to make amazing tasting buns and bread. Although I'm not sure if this should be attributed to my new skill or my friends amazing ability to tele-bake!  Either way... it was delicious and I can't wait to try again!

Have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.




1 comment:

  1. Can anonymous people comment on my blog... YES!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.